Did you know we can help ourselves and loved ones? Because of the stigma associated with mental illness, many people are too ashamed or embarrassed to seek the help they need for themselves or their loved ones. National Mental Health Awareness Month, celebrated in May since 1949, is a time for us work together to break through that stigma. Now is the time to express compassion for those who struggle with mental health issues and draw attention to the proven methods that can help change their lives for the better.
Support Mental Health Awareness Month by joining the Go Green Swap and plastering social media! Sign up to swap green accessories and wear them proudly throughout the month of May.
ups end TODAY!
- Leave a comment on this past with your name, e-mail address, and blog address (if you have one) or e-mail your information to BloggerAsh703@gmail.com to sign up.
- Swap partners will be assigned on Thursday, April 23. You will be notified who your partner is through e-mail. Contact your partner by the end of the day on Friday, April 24.
- Shop for your partner. Spend $10-$15 on a GREEN COLORED accessory or accessories for your partner. Think jewelry, socks, scarves, etc.
- Mail your package by Saturday, May 3. This gives you an entire week to shop!
- Come back here to link up and show off your goods on Friday, May 9.
- Spread the word now! Invite friends and other bloggers to join the swap. Get on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to promote mental health awareness! #mentalhealthawareness, #gogreenswap, #nomorestigma #mentalhealthmonth
Strapped for cash and can't participate? No worries! It's all about raising awareness. Tweet, Facebook, and Instagram facts or share your story during the month of May. Pick out green accessories you already have and wear them proudly! Get the word out - #nomorestigma!