Yesterday I recapped the first part of my trip to Nashville. I figured I'd stay with the southern theme by sharing a recipe for some good 'ol comfort food. I made this Mac & Cheese for Nick on his birthday this year and he loved it. I hope you enjoy it too!
1 16 oz. Package of elbow macaroni
½ cup of evaporated milk
1 8 ox. Container sour cream
2 teaspoon of seasoning salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of butter
6 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon (stove to or microwave). Allow bacon to cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl mix eggs, sour cream, seasoning salt. And pepper.
- Chop bacon.
- Layer macaroni, bacon, and milk mixture until pan is full.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and pour melted butter on top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until milk mixture is done.
Today is my first time participating in the Delicious Dish Tuesday link up. Stop by Mary's page and check it out!