Thursday: Herb Crusted Pork Chops
1. Saute those chops!
2. I do not have an ovenproof skilled so I transferred my pork chops onto a broiler pan in order for them to cook in the oven.
3. I served the pork chops with mashed potatoes. These were boxed and really disgusting.
4. Fancy plating!
Click on the recipe to view and print. To see the original recipe without my modifications click here.
I think Scout summed up how we were both feeling at the end of the week. We just wanted to burry our heads and take a nap.
Friday: Tacos!I figured Scout and I would be wiped out by the end of the week so I planned accordingly to make tacos on Friday. Nice and simple! If you want to, you can call it a cheat - I used a taco kit which already has the seasoning, shells, and salsa. I followed the directions on the box, but substituted the ground beef for ground turkey. I then had some of our favorite taco toppings ready! Nick and I like sour cream, lettuce, cheese, tomato, and Cholula hot sauce. You can get creative and top tacos with onions, corn, black beans, fresh cilantro, etc.
Dinner: Impossible - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!1. I honestly did not think I was going to stay motivated enough to accomplish this mission.
2. It was really nice having home cooked meals this week. They were somewhat healthy as well.
3. There were no duds this week! I can follow directions! WOO!
4. It was neat trying out new recipes.
5. I love how appreciative my husband was.
6. That's still not going to get me to do this every week.
7. I still don't like to cook.
8. I would at least like to make us meals 2-3 times per week. I already plan on making Ellie's crockpot chicken parm next week... and maybe more tacos!
Have I inspired you to embark on your own Dinner: Impossible mission? Share your experiences on
Facebook or Twitter.