We are stepping away from Dinner: Impossible today (don’t worry I’ll have my update for you tomorrow). I’d like to announce that I have been given a Liebster Award by Ellie at Choosing Peace! First, I was super excited that at least one person was reading my blog. I’ve been following Ellie’s blog for a couple months now. I was intrigued because she happens to be living in the same area of Michigan I am right now. She is a newlywed, a college student, and a lover of Jesus. Please make sure to check her out!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate up to 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less.
5. Ask 11 new questions for the nominees to respond to.
1. I love to travel.
2. My younger sister is one of my best friends.
3. I love the Bachelor and Bachelorette.
4. I have crazy dreams every night.
5. I have Bachelor’s degree in Communications.
6. My now husband and I got engaged after dating for only three months.
7. I grew up with a single dad.
8. I am allergic to maple, oak, and birch trees, cats, dogs, and certain funguses.
9. I LOVE country music!
10. Kate Middleton is my hero!
11. Pepperoni pizza is my favorite food.
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging off and on since I was 14… so about 15 years. I go back to the Xanga days and have had a couple other blogs through Blogger. I started A Cute Angle in June of this year.
2. What inspired you to begin blogging?
I’ve always loved writing. I started journaling at age seven. I was that dorky kid in your middle school class who was writing novels for fun. I started blogging because it’s a forum where you can totally be yourself and write about the things that you care about. I was also inspired when I went from working full time to part time. I decided it was time to be serious about one of my passions – writing.
3. What TV show from your childhood would you love to see come back on the air?
Full House! I own the entire series now, but I think new episodes would be rad!
4. Name 3 things you can’t live without.
I really love my modern conveniences. I’d have to say… cable TV, a good pillow, and the ability to stay warm (heat, blankets, etc.)
5. What was the last vacation you went on?
My husband and I just went to Europe in May. We visited Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Austria. It was a bucket list trip! I feel blessed to have been able to take this vacation.
6. What’s your favorite beauty product?
It’s so hard to decide! I review all my favorites on my blog so I suggest you check that out for this answer!
7. What are your top 3 favorite websites?
8. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
My birthday. Everyone deserves a day that’s all about them.
9. What’s something cool you did last weekend?
My husband Nick and I went “up north” to a house that used to be his grandparents' that’s still in the family. It was cool because I got to see where he played as a child and learn more about his roots.
10. Would you rather be stuck on a broken elevator or a broken ski-lift?
Probably an elevator. I think I’m less claustrophobic and I am afraid of heights, and I don't like the cold.
11. What’s one thing you would tell your younger self?
You will encounter assholes all your life so be more confident in yourself! Also, tell Mom you don’t want a perm (haha).
1. What were you doing at this time 10 years ago?
2. What is your ultimate vacation destination?
3. How would you describe your blog?
4. What do you do outside of blogging for work?
5. What is the best dessert you ever ate?
6. What two items would you take to a deserted island?
7. Where is your favorite place to shop?
8. What is the story behind your first name?
9. What is your favorite movie and why?
10. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
11. Would you rather play card games or board games? Why?
Thanks again for nominating me, Ellie!