A Cute Angle is celebrating the change in season with
Grab your PSLs and join me every day (!) for a fall inspired post and my very first giveaway.
Our first day of Fall Fun Week features an easy recipe made with staple fall flavors.
What better way to celebrate fall than with delicious muffins that combine the wonderful texture of apples with the warm taste of pumpkin. A simple streusel topping gives them a little something extra!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar (or zero calorie sugar substitute)
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped Granny Smith apples
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar (or zero calorie sugar substitute)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl shift together the 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 cups of sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In a separate bowl mix together oil, pumpkin puree, and eggs.
3. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring only to moisten. Fold in apple. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
4. In a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoon of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Cut butter into mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
6. Enjoy the flavors of fall!
Share your favorite fall recipes here or on Facebook!