What the What?! : Techonology Edition

Nov 6, 2013
Things that make you say...
what the what?!

 
Welcome to my favorite day at A Cute Angle. Wednesdays are the day I get to tell you about fun, silly, crazy, and exciting things!
 

Today's What the What?! Wednesday is all about technology. Let's talk about my love/hate relationship with technology. I love my digital camera, laptop, iPod, and smart phone, but there comes a time where I don't want to look at it anymore. So, it goes away for the night or the weekend. I don't really care when the newest iPhone, iPad or iAnythingElse comes out. For the most part I feel people are way too attached and too obsessed with their technology.
 
Here we go...
 


//One//Steve Jobs' childhood home is being turned in to a historical site. 
For real? The Silicon Valley home where Apple co-founder grew up and built some of his first computers is now on the city's list of historic properties. The historical commission in the city of Los Altos voted unanimously for the historic designation. Any proposed renovations to the modest, ranch-style home now require additional review. What? Is Steve Jobs an important figure in American history? Yes, I will agree with that to a point. He was an intelligent man. Technology has added a lot to our lives, but it's also taken a lot away from it. I just think this is kinda silly!





//Two//The FAA green lights gadgets on planes. Great. Note the sarcasm. I love plane travel because it gives you time to disconnect and decompress. Government safety rules are changing to let airline passengers use most electronic devices gate to gate. Passengers will eventually be able to read e-books, play games, and watch videos on their devices during all phases of the flight with very limited exceptions. Gadgets must be stowed during take off, landing, and during the safety presentation.

Cell phones should be in airplane mode or have the service disabled. Well, at least no one can make phone calls. The day that happens is the day I stop traveling. I hope I never have to listen to someone yapping on the phone while I am trying to decompress and have a nice flight. However, I am NOT happy that I will now get to listen to everyone's text message pings, music from games, and too loud movies. You know this will happen!

We're pleased that the FAA recognizes that an enjoyable passenger experience is not incompatible with safety and security,” said Roger Dow, CEO of the U.S. Travel Association. What is this guy smoking?! This is going to be a nightmare! I swear, smart phones are as addicting as crack cocaine.

//Three// Have you heard of "Apple Picking"? People are crazy




//Four// Digital Get Down. What... the...   
 

Join in on the What the What!? Wednesday fun.
Just link it back here!


 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. i had to stop watching that video halfway through...i can't with that, i just can't! also, i'm now officially paranoid about this "apple picking" thing. oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be the person who goes and visits Steve Job's home! I most certainly wouldn't agree to paying for it. That's just redick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe that about Steve Job's home! I'd love to visit but I wouldn't want to pay for it I don't think!

    Kate | Diaries of a Essex Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley,

    Thanks for stopping by the other day! I soo agree with you on taking a vacation from technology sometimes. My jobs require a lot of it and at this point I kind of hate even responding to text messages! :) And being stuck next to someone yapping away on a long flight? Oh heck no!
    Good luck on your guest posts- its a territory I've never ventured into, but I bet you'll be awesome!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design