- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 green tea bag
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- ¾ cup cold water
- Ice cubes
Directions1. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and green tea bag to the boiling water. Allow the tea to steep about 3 minutes or so before discarding the bag. Stir to make sure the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the lemon juice and ¾ cup cold water to the sweetened green tea mixture.
3. Stir to combine well. Taste and if it’s too tart, add more sugar to taste.
4. Once you get the right level of sweetness, pour about half of the yield over lots of ice and enjoy.
Makes about 1 ½ cups Green Tea Lemonade before ice.