3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup butter, melted
For Cinnamon Swirl:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons flour
2 cups powdered sugar
5 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a stand mixer (or using a hang mixer).
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add melted butter and blend together.
- Pour your cake into a 9x13 or 8x8 greased baking dish.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a separate bowl until creamy.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon mixture evenly on top of the cake mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl cinnamon mixture into cake batter.
- If using a 9x13 pan bake for 30 to 40 minutes. If using an 8x8 dish bake for 50-60 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make glaze. Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla with a whisk in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour glaze on top of warm cake and serve.