Hello everyone! I'm joining forcing with Lindsay from Bourbon, Lipstick, and Stilettos for a new Thursday series. We will be working our way through the alphabet, sharing our favorite beauty products, tips, and tricks. Feel free to join in! Just grab the button and get to posting! This week we start at the top of the 'bet with the letter A...
Almonds are a healthful part of a balanced diet because they contain the beneficial fatty acid omega-3, which improves brain function and circulation. The benefits of the almond don’t stop at being a nutritious snack. A topical application of the oil from this wonder nut benefits the face in several ways.
With an oil facial you are dissolving and wiping away the bad dirt and oils from your skin and replacing it with clean, nourishing oil. There are no harsh chemicals or suds - nothing that strips the skin. When you strip your skin of sebum, it goes into over drive tries to create more. This causes clogged pores which leads to blackheads, whiteheads, and irritation. Almond oil also reduces sunburn effects on the face, prevents aging, and gets rid of wrinkles. An almond oil facial can help to reduce dark under eye circles, remove dead skin cells, and can improve the texture of your skin.
- Make sure that your face is clean and dry before applying the oil.
- Slather one tablespoon of almond oil on your face and gently massage in circular motions.
- Saturate a wash cloth in hot water and place over your face.
- Leave the wash cloth over your face for five minutes or until it becomes cool.
- Remove the wash cloth, run under hot water again, and use it to wipe the remaining oil from your face.
- Your face will most likely feel slick, but your face will absorb the extra almond oil. No need to moisturize after!
Before bed is the best time to give yourself an almond oil facial. It ensures that the oil will stay on the skin long enough to perform its functions. An almond oil facial before bed can be very relaxing.
Try adding essential oils to your facial! You can use Frankincense for aging skin, Purification for acne prone skin, Lavender for a calming effect, or a combination of all three.
Come back next Thursday for the letter B...
An InLinkz Link-up