At Home Ballet Barre Workouts

Jun 10, 2015
I was in the best shape of my life when I was dancing three times a week. As a former dancer, the idea of the Pure Barre workout really excites me. However, the price does not (it's $21 for one class in my area!). This inspired me to comb You Tube for the best at-home barre workouts.


In order to do at-home barre workouts you will need to substitute a ballet barre with a chair. Just be careful! A chair is not anchored like a ballet barre. You can also do these workouts facing the wall or using counter top.



Most of these workouts come from Jessica Smith TV. She has a series of ballet workouts for all levels, and who doesn't love a girl her features her pooch in her videos?

 
Barre Standing Abs Workout (+ Butts, Hips, Thighs)
Workout Time: 12 minutes



 
 
Ballet Burn
Cardio ballet, barre burn, toning, sculpting, abs
Workout Time: 50 minutes
 
 

Cardio Ballet
Workout Time: 30 minutes
 
 
 
Sweaty Betty Ballet Bootcamp
Workout Time: 40 minutes
 
 
 
Sleek Technique Barre Sculpting Work Out
Workout Time: 15 minutes
 
 
These workouts do feature a cool downs, but if you feel you need a little more, check out this yoga for relaxation from PyschTruth:
 
 
Also great for sleep, insomnia, stress, and anxiety!
 
 
I hope you enjoy these workouts as much as I do!

 
 
 
 

 
 


8 comments:

  1. I have been looking for barre workouts at home, so thank you so much posting this. So fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave up my barre workouts and have been missing them! Thanks for the recommendations, I will check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear all kinds of amazing things about pure barre but yeah-that prices is way too high. I love Ballet Work outs. I have a few Ballet conditioning DVD's that I love. I considered buying the NYC Ballet work out but was on the fence about it so I never did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this makes me miss my ballet days! I definitely want to try some barre workouts, I've heard such good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man thanks for this!! I don't have a Barre class near me so I have to rely on online stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ! I love Jessica Smith but hadn't heard of the other! Def going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Filled with tiny jumps that are a huge boost on your workout routine! Flat Abs Fast Free Workout DVD

    ReplyDelete

  8. ballet barre workout it help to manatance to body weight and body shape.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design