What You'll Need:
2-3 slices of raw bacon, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
1 cup of barbeque sauce (your choice)
2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons of paprika, sweet
2 teaspoons of paprika, smoked
4 teaspoons of sugar
What You'll Need To Do:
1. Trim chicken of excessive fat and then cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, toss chicken in salt.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
4. Turn all grill burners on and let heat for 15 minutes.
5. Leave primary burner on. Turn others off.
6. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
7. Combine paprikas and sugar in a small bowl.
8. Place raw bacon in food processor and 30-45 seconds to make a smooth paste. Scrape down sides as needed.
9. Add bacon paste and chicken to the spice mixture.
10. Coat chicken in mixture.
11. Thread chicken on skewers maintaining 1 inch cubes.
12. Grill the chicken on the primary burner with the lid closed.
13. Rotate chicken 1/4 turn every 2 minutes until slightly charred or until brown.
14. Coat the top of the kabob with barbeque sauce, flip, and cook for about 1 minute.
15. Brush the second side with sauce, flip, and cook.
16. Remove kabobs from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
17. Top with additional barbeque sauce if desired.
18. Serve and enjoy!
If you are using wooden skewers you will need to soak them in warm water for 10 to 30 minutes before placing them on a hot grill. Try reusable stainless steel skewers for easier grilling.