Five Lies You Should NEVER Tell Your Doctor

Oct 17, 2016
It's Medical Assistants Recognition Week! And, everyone, I LOVE my job. So this week will features a celebration of health! 


Patients are often uncomfortable talking about about their bodies with their doctors. It's important to know that even a small fib can be harmful to your care. As a medical assistant, I can tell you that we've heard it all. Don't be afraid to speak up and be honest about your body and habits, even if telling the truth makes you uncomfortable. Your doctor's office is a judgement free zone!

//1// I only drink on weekends.



Patients tend to under report the amount of alcohol they drink. Having more than one drink a day (including wine!) can increase the risk of pancreatitis, heart disease, ulcers, and breast cancer. Have three drinks at a time can be even riskier. Make sure to make your doctor is aware of how much you're actually drinking.

//2// I always take my prescribed medicine.



A patient may lie about taking prescribed medication even when they haven't been. They may have stopped the medication because they felt better or due to cost, stigma, and side effects. Whatever the barriers are, your doctor can help you work through it. If you claim you are taking your medication when you're not, the doctor may double the dose or add another medication when neither is necessary.

//3// I don't take any other medication besides what was prescribed. 



Most patients omit homeopathic remedies such a vitamins, supplements, and essential oils because they don't think of them as medication. Other medications such a birth control, Advil, and sleep aids also often go unreported. If you're taking it more than once a week, your doctor needs to know! While most herbal supplements are safe on their own, they can interact with medicine making it less effective or cause side effects.

//4// Nothing has changed.



Someone concerns, such a sexual concerns and concerns with your digestive system, can be hard to talk about. No matter what the symptoms, it's important that your doctor knows and has the chance to rule out anything serious. Many people worry they will be judged or assume nothing can be done about the symptoms. Just remember - if it matters to you, it should matter to your doctor.

//5// I'm just stressed.


Everyone feels stressed from time to time, but if you're starting to notice physical changes that may be due to stress, it's important to speak up about it. Stress may not just be stress. You could be feeling overwhelmed and frazzled due to a mood disorder or hormonal issues. If a patient doesn't speak up about he/she is feeling, symptoms instead of underlying causes get treated.



9 comments:

  1. YES!!! I've been guilty of telling lies to my doctor just so I don't have to deal with certain things. I've definitely learned my lesson to not do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good sharing, I would recommend Vida Cardio-ceautical Drink for those who are suffering from heart disease or any type of cardio-vascular diseases. It is prepared by adding the powdered juice to 500ml of water. It can be drink just like any ordinary juice but has a very good effect to heart. Vida has undergone 10 years of development and testing and with self-affirmed Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status by an independent panel of experts, and is produced according to Food GMP (Good Manufacturing Principles). Read more at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/vida-cardio-ceutical-drink-helps-reduce-heart-diseases-and-cardio-vascular-diseases/

      Delete
  2. Very good tips. I learned long ago it's better to tell the truth than risking what holding out may do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to be honest, but the how much I drink is definitely one that I probably I'm not completely honest about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always honest - I don't understand why people skirt the truth - they are there to help you! Not judge you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never ever lie to the doctor. I'm also really good at going to the dr when I don't feel well. My sister was very very ill and I forced her to go to the ER when she did not want to. Turned out she had bacterial meningitis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good tips!! I think I may have lied about how much drinking I was actually doing when I was in my party phase years and years ago. Oops. I guess that fear of judgement runs deep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamualaikum Salam sejahtera untuk kita semua, Sengaja ingin menulis
    sedikit kesaksian untuk berbagi, barangkali ada teman-teman yang sedang
    kesulitan masalah keuangan, Awal mula saya mengamalkan Pesugihan Tanpa
    Tumbal karena usaha saya bangkrut dan saya menanggung hutang sebesar
    1M saya sters hampir bunuh diri tidak tau harus bagaimana agar bisa
    melunasi hutang saya, saya coba buka-buka internet dan saya bertemu
    dengan KYAI SOLEH PATI, awalnya saya ragu dan tidak percaya tapi selama 3 hari
    saya berpikir, saya akhirnya bergabung dan menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI
    kata Pak.kyai pesugihan yang cocok untuk saya adalah pesugihan
    penarikan uang gaib 4Milyar dengan tumbal hewan, Semua petunjuk saya ikuti
    dan hanya 1 hari Astagfirullahallazim, Alhamdulilah akhirnya 4M yang saya
    minta benar benar ada di tangan saya semua hutang saya lunas dan sisanya
    buat modal usaha. sekarang rumah sudah punya dan mobil pun sudah ada.
    Maka dari itu, setiap kali ada teman saya yang mengeluhkan nasibnya, saya
    sering menyarankan untuk menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI Di Tlp 0852-2589-0869
    Atau Kunjungi Situs KYAI www.pesugihan-uang-ghaib.com agar di
    berikan arahan. Supaya tidak langsung datang ke jawa timur, saya sendiri dulu
    hanya berkonsultasi jarak jauh. Alhamdulillah, hasilnya sangat baik, jika ingin
    seperti saya coba hubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI pasti akan di bantu Oleh Beliau

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design